Celery juice: is it really the super juice?
What are the benefits of celery juice, is it the magic recipe for detoxing the body, and how can you prepare it and benefit from it? The most important information you can find here.
Celery is one of the vegetables that have many important benefits, which makes juice made from celery bear the same benefits and perhaps more.
In the following, let us learn about the benefits of celery juice, the method of preparing it, and its potential harm.
celery juice benefits:
Because of the richness of celery juice in high proportions of important nutrients, such as: fiber, potassium, manganese, folic acid, and various antioxidants, eating it carries many benefits for health, most notably the following:
1- Contributes to the treatment of arthritis:
– Celery juice contains a group of antioxidants that help treat or protect against arthritis in the first place.
– This is due to the ability of these antioxidants to prevent the immune system from having reactions that promote arthritis and exacerbate the condition.
2- Contributes to the prevention of cancer:
One of the benefits of celery juice is that it contributes to the prevention of cancer risk, as celery and celery juice contain a special type of antioxidant that helps prevent and mitigate cancers by contributing to the following:
– Preventing the growth and division of some types of cancer cells in the body.
– Preventing the spread of cancer cells to other places in the body.
– Enhancing the effect of cancer chemotherapy while reducing its negative side effects.
3- Improves circulatory health:
Celery juice helps improve the health of the circulatory system and the heart in general, as eating it regularly may help with the following:
– Reduce harmful cholesterol levels in the body.
– Lowering high blood pressure.
– Reducing the chances of heart attacks and heart failure.
4- Cleanses the body of toxins:
One of the benefits of celery juice is that it helps cleanse the body of toxins and waste, and this may be attributed to its diuretic properties or to its ability to improve digestion in general.
Although the matter is still being researched, consuming celery juice in the morning and on an empty stomach in particular may help to obtain this benefit.
5- It has other potential health benefits:
The benefits of celery juice are not over, but there are more potential benefits, most notably the following:
– Balances blood sugar levels.
– Relieves asthma and allergy symptoms.
– Contributes to the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease.
– improves fertility.
– It increases the feeling of loss of appetite, which leads to losing excess weight.
– Moisturizes the body.
How to prepare celery juice?
There are several different ways to prepare celery juice, and they are all good for getting the benefits of celery juice.
The best ways to prepare celery juice are as follows:
– Concentrated celery juice: To prepare this juice, all you need to do is blend a few whole stalks of celery with a little water in an electric blender.
– Celery juice with apples and carrots: To prepare this juice, mix celery sticks with a few fennel leaves, an apple and a carrot.
– Celery juice with orange: To prepare this juice, mix 3 sticks of celery, a carrot, an orange, half a lemon and half a fennel.
It is preferable to drink the juice immediately after preparing it, or to wait for a period of no more than an hour before drinking it, so as not to lose its nutritional value.
Warnings and damages:
Despite the many benefits of celery juice, it may have harm if consumed in the wrong way, and these are some things that you should know in this regard:
– Celery juice is not a substitute for main meals, so eating it as part of a balanced diet is healthy, while eating it as a meal replacement may cause malnutrition.
– Celery contains high levels of harmful salts, so it is not suitable for everyone.
– Some suffer from an allergy to celery, so drinking celery juice by these people may cause serious symptoms, such as: breathing disorders, hoarseness, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, and sometimes a heart attack.
– Celery contains psoralen, which may cause skin irritation and sensitivity.
– Celery juice contains less fiber than whole celery for more sugar, so it should be consumed with caution.
To view a previous article about carob, an Egyptian juice with many health benefits, click on the following link:
To see the CUBII orange juice filling machine work with a very high filling accuracy, click on the following link: