On a hot summer day, sugarcane juice is undoubtedly one of the best ways to quench your thirst and to beat the summer heat. However, there is much more to this tasty tropical fruit than just its yummy taste. Sugarcane is loaded with carbohydrates, protein, vitamins (A, B-complex and C) and also contains good amounts of minerals like phosphorus, calcium, potassium, zinc and iron. If you are interested in knowing in detail about various benefits of sugarcane juice
Belonging to a grass family, sugarcane is easy to grow anywhere and is available at very cheap prices. Even though it is native to Papua New Guinea, it has become a part of the crop production of more than half of the world, including Asia and America. You can either eat pieces of sugarcane or drink a glass of sugarcane juice topped with mint, ginger, and black rock salt.
Interesting Sugarcane Facts:
- Sugarcane has no fats. It is, in fact, a 100% natural drink. It has about 30 grams of natural sugar. Hence, you do not have to add extra sugar for sweetness.
- It is a grass plant of the genus saccharum and has 36 varieties.
- In 1493, Christopher Columbus took sugarcane to the Carribean to plant it there and thus, the cultivation of sugarcane spread across the world.
- A mature sugarcane plant can grow up to 30 feet tall. A single sugarcane plant can take 9-24 months to become mature, depending on the climate.
- Sugar extracted from sugarcane juice contains only 15 calories.
- Sugarcane juice is a mix of sucrose, fructose, and many other glucose varieties. Hence, it is sweet to taste.
- An 8-ounce serving of sugarcane juice without any additives carries a total of 180 calories, which is quite low.
- Raw sugarcane juice contains a total of 13 grams of dietary fiber per serving, which is essential in carrying out a lot of body functions.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice:
1.It gives you a shot of instant energy
There’s a reason sugarcane juice sells at most roadside kiosks in summer. It’s the best way to energise yourself, and ensure you don’t experience dehydration. The simple sugars in the juice are easily absorbed by the body and are used to replenish sugar levels.
2. It enhances liver function
Sugarcane juice is said to be one of the best natural treatments for liver-related ailments such as jaundice. Alkaline in nature, sugarcane juice helps maintain the electrolyte balance in the body.
3. It can help the body fight cancer
The high concentration of calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, and manganese makes sugarcane juice alkaline in nature. This – along with the presence of flavonoids – helps the body stave off cancerous cells, especially prostate and breast cancer.
4. It eases the digestive system
People suffering from digestive distress would do well to include sugarcane juice in their diet. The potassium in sugarcane juice balances the pH levels in the stomach, facilitates the secretion of digestive juices and keeps the system on track. It also helps prevent stomach infections.
5. It is helpful for people with diabetes
The high sugar content in sugarcane juice may make diabetics wary of consuming this juice. But, in moderation, sugarcane juice can benefit diabetics – the natural sugar has a low glycemic index, preventing spikes in blood glucose levels.
6. It maintains kidney health
Being a natural low-cholesterol, low-sodium food with no saturated fats, sugarcane juice helps keep the kidneys in top shape.
7. It alleviates pain associated with STDs & UTIs
Consumed in a diluted form, with lime juice and coconut water, sugarcane juice can help reduce the burning sensation associated with sexually transmitted diseases, urinary tract infections, kidney stones and prostatitis.
8. It aids in development of bones and teeth
Back in the day, chewing on a sugarcane stick used to be a regular pastime for young children and adolescents. Apart from keeping them occupied, the calcium-rich sugarcane also ensures proper development of the skeletal system, bones and teeth.
9. It keeps bad breath & tooth decay at bay
Experiencing bad breath linked to tooth decay? Sugarcane juice can be your saving grace. Rich in minerals, including calcium and phosphorus, sugarcane juice helps build tooth enamel and strengthen teeth and ensure they are prone to decay. It also overcomes bad breath caused due to the deficiency of these nutrients.
10. It can help cure acne
Topical use of sugarcane juice can help reduce and cure skin problems such as acne. Sugarcane juice contains alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) like glycolic acid, which increase cell turnover. They also exfoliate the skin, eliminating chances of acne buildup. Just mix with Fuller’s earth (multani mitti) into a mask-like consistency, apply on the face and neck and leave on for 20 minutes. Wash off with cool water.
Sugar contained in sugarcane juice is natural, but keep in mind that it is essentially sugar. Consume this healthy beverage in moderation, and run it past our Coaches if you suffer from a medical condition
To see the Cubii orange juice filling machine work with a very high filling accuracy, click on the following link
CUBII_ orange_ juice_ filling_ machine